Jin Kisaragi (Hero of the Frozen Blade or more commonly, Hero of Ikaruga) is a playable character and the main deuteragonist in the BlazBlue series, as well Ragna the Bloodedge's younger brother and main rival, as well as the protagonist of the novel prequel BlazBlue: Spiral Shift. He is also known as Hakumen, his time-displaced future-past counterpart from a now defuncted original Calamity Trigger timeline, who instead becoming one of the Six Heroes and main supporting characters in the main altered BlazBlue timeline. Both Jin and Hakumen return in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle as playable characters; the former is available in the base game while the latter is one of the downloadable characters.
A N.O.L. Major, heralded as a war hero and the younger brother of Ragna. Possessed by the malevolent spirit Yuuki Terumi, Jin took the Nox Nyctores Yukianesa and used it to nearly kill his brother. He was adopted by the influential Kisaragi family, one of the members of the N.O.L.-affiliated family group called the Duodecim. His work in the Academy led allowed him to attain the rank of Major, and one of his early missions saw him end the Ikaruga Civil War. Upon learning that Ragna had resurfaced in Kagutsuchi, Jin deserted his post to assassinate him, but would later ally with him as they turned their attention to the true forces behind their ruined childhoods.
- Due to being the same person, Jin and Hakumen share the same voice actor. The difference is that Hakumen has a voice synthesizer, to make his voice older, in addition of electronic sounding due to being currently a spirit inside the Susano'oh Unit.
- Jin has color palettes of the following characters: Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear), Ragna the Bloodedge, Yosuke Hanamura, Erika Miyashiro Wagner (Under Night In-Birth), Weiss Schnee, and Anna (Frozen).
- Despite having his original theme song "Lust SIN" from Blazblue: Calamity Trigger, "LUST SIN II" from Chronophantasma was used instead in the first Characters introduction trailer.
- Jin's title, Hero of the Frozen Blade, references his normal title as the Hero of Ikaruga which he obtained by ending the Ikaruga Civil War and his main weapon, Yukianesa. It may also be a reference to the novel where he's the main protagonist of Spiral Shift.
- Teaming with Yosuke gives them a nod that Jin has an alternate universe counterpart who goes by the name Hakumen, and the armor belonged to his universe's Yuki Terumi, its original Susano'o, while Yosuke's ultimate Persona being Persona universe's Susano-o.