Labrys, known by her unit number 031 (Yasogami's Steel Council President) is one of the playable characters and the major characters in the fighting games sequels of Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Prior her full appearance debut in Arena series, she made a brief cameo appearance in the manga adaption of Persona 3, then mentioned in its CD Drama sequel, Moonlight.
She returns in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle as one of the Season 1’s DLC playable characters.
Labrys is a 5th-Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, making her Aegis’ predecessor (a "big sister" of sorts). Labrys was created using the personality of a young girl from Kansai dying of illness as a template for her own personality, a unique property shared by all models of her generation (as opposed to Aegis, whose personality was a blank slate upon activation). She shared the young girl's desire to go to school, leading her to believe she was the student council president of Yasogami High School until she was saved by the Investigation Team and Shadow Operatives, who rescued her from the TV World and her Shadow's reminders of her dark past. Thankful to her new friends, she would join forces with the Shadow Operatives to get to the bottom of the mystery of how she wound up in the TV World, including the malevolent mastermind’s relationships with the Kirijo Group and the late-Shuji Ikutsuki. Eventually in few days later at the same time when Aegis, Mitsuru and Akihiko are kidnapped by the mastermind himself, just as the last P-1 tournament titled P-1 Climax occurs in the second Dark Hour, located in Inaba, Labrys and the other former SEES members Yukari Takeba, Ken Amada and the dog Koromaru rushes to Inaba to reunite and rescue their friends.
Being the strongest of the 5th Generation, Labrys's fighting capabilities are far above average and were only strengthened when she gained a Persona. Using her multi-use weapon, a giant axe that she is strong enough to swing with ease, she can easily do massive damage to any opponent she comes across. Upon awakening her Persona, Ariadne, she can use Weaver Arts to create weapons out of nothing and provide even more options to defeat her foes.
- She shares a same English voice actress as Makoto Nanaya.
- She is listed as Arena series character, due to her physical debut.
- Prior her DLC debut in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, Labrys is mentioned by Aegis to Hyde Kido, during the two latter's pre-battle team-up interaction, such as one of Labrys' special moves, her rocket punch-like Chain Knuckle.
- Due to the Investigation Team having already met the Shadow Operatives with Labrys as a member, and Yu Narukami having returned returned to Tokyo following Golden Week - as mentioned in Persona episode - this means the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle storyline is alternative take place after Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.
- Although Aegis is the only Persona 3 character to appear in the initial storyline, but not appearing in her home Persona series’ Episode, Labrys along with the rest of Operatives are mentioned in the Episode, prior Labrys’ DLC debut.
- Labrys has color palettes of the following characters: “Kotone Shiomi” (Persona 3 Portable Protagonist), Lambda-11 (BlazBlue), Aegis, Linne, Penny Poledina (RWBY), and Lavenza (Persona 5).