Neo Politan (spelled in Neopolitan Japan, Right-Hand Illusionist) is one of the recurring antagonists of the anime-styled cartoon web series RWBY.
She made her first video game appearance in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, where she is one of the downloadable characters.
The right-hand woman of Vale crime boss Roman Torchwick, much of Neo Politan's past is shrouded in mystery, none of which is helped by the fact that she's mute. First encountered by Team RWBY as they pursued Roman and the Faunus extremist group known as the White Fang, Neo's illusions facilitated a clean escape for her boss. A disasterous attempt from Yang to battle Neo later nearly ended fatally for and put on display just how out of RWBY's league Neo was. Outwitted by Ruby during the Battle of Beacon, Neo was powerless to save Roman from being killed, leaving her with an intense hatred and a craving for vengeance against everyone she felt was responsible for his death, with Cinder, and possibly Ruby, at the top of the list.
In battle Neo is something of a dancer that twirls, spins, and flips all about as she weaves in attacks. In addition with her semblance capable of producing illusions so convincing one can physically clash with them makes Neo is almost impossible to pin down. Finally her parasol is capable of serving as a shield and contains a hidden blade in the tip making Neo more than capable of throwing down with your average Huntress even without Dust.
- Neo is mostly a silent character. However, Gray G. Haddock, Roman’s English voice actor confirms she is not as silent as she looks and has an English voice actor, but she is rarely seen speaking.
- Cross Tag marks the first time to officially announce her English voice, albeit still grunts only.
- Casey Lee Williams, who voices Neo, sings most of the Songs for RWBY, including 'One Thing', which was played in the trailer announcing Neo.
- In Japanese version, Neo's full name is "Neopolitan" instead of being spaced away between "Neo" and "Politan" as "ネオ・ポリタンク". However, the announcer calls her "Neo" during a victory in all versions.
- Neo is the first known non-main character in RWBY to be featured in Cross Tag.