Rachel Alucard (The Rosen Princess) is a playable character, and according to official sources, the 4th main character in the BlazBlue series.
She returns as a playable character in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.
The sole surviving heir of the noble Alucard family and a vampire who has lived for centuries, Rachel spends most of her time dill-dallying away in her dream world, the Requiem, alongside her servants Valkenheyn R. Hellsing, Nago and Gii. While seemingly aloof and arrogant, she cares for the safety and flow of the universe, observing and planning behind-the-scenes to fight the machinations of those who would do it harm. She has a vested interest in Ragna the Bloodedge, having saved his life as a child, and views him as a powerful player in the struggles to come.
- Rachel has color palettes of the following characters: Elphelt Valentine (Guilty Gear Xrd (-SIGN- version)), Tsubaki Yayoi (as Izayoi), Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3), Linne, Neopolitan (RWBY), Finn Campbell Mertens the Human (Adventure Time) and Rozalin (Disgaea 2).
- Rachel's title, The Rosen Princess, refers to Rachel's rose motiff and her status as the head of the Alucard family. Interesting, her tile indirectly references the anime/manga series, Rozen Maiden, where Rachel shares many similarities and the same English voice actress with the series' main female protagonist, Shinku.
- Unlike previous games in the Blazblue franchise, Rachel has a reflection when fighting on water. This is an error, as she is a vampire, meaning she should not have a reflection, like in older Blazblue games.
- In the early trailer of the finalized starting full Season 2/Special Edition, there were 2 Rachels whereas Noel isn't shown at the end prior the post-streaming trailer release fixes it.
- Rachel is a foil to Ruby. Two girls connected by a rose motif, one being a brash, enthusiastic and inexperienced young fighter while the other being much more reserved and a lot older. Despite the massive difference in personality, when it comes to their intros, Rachel backs up Ruby's affirmation that they're a team.
- She's also a foil to Linne. Both are snarky princesses who are much, much older then they look, both have familiars, and both act as mentor figures to rough-around-the-edges guys who swear a lot. Linne prefers to fight with a sword and knife combo personally, whereas Rachel prefers to use magic and her familiars to fight (that is not to say she is being a coward, she just doesn't want to sully her hands).
- Rachel Alucard at BlazBlue Wiki